CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

tutorial # texture

Adding texture to your stamped images.
I found this effect / texture last week on blogland and just had to give it a go. Before I went and bought the solution I needed.....I popped to my nearest craft shop to see if they stocked the product. Then as they do demo's, I asked if I could demo it before buying. Yes.....she gave me the look of " the cheek " but I wasn't going to pay out £5 if it didn't work. The demo I saw on the net was done with copics, and as I don't have them I wanted to try it with pro-markers.
YES!!! It worked and she was well impressed - said politely " do you want a job "?  
So the products you need are -
 Blending solution / copics / pro-markers and cloth. 
I used a dish cloth as this had a pattern on it that was small enough to give the texture on Bo's jumper.
Put a little of the solution in to a spray bottle - I had a spare one from my glimmer mist, so used that.
Practise makes perfect! So I just scribbled on to some card..... let it dry a little.
Then spray the blending solution on to the cloth, don't over wet it......gently place over the top of the coloured image - Bo's jumper.......then press lightly.
The end result is -
Doesn't it look fantastic? Once I have finished my colouring I will show you the stamped image.
What I do recommend is - just colour the area that you want the texture to appear on. Let it dry, then finish colouring the rest.....else the effect will appear where you don't want it.
HERE is the tutorial if you don't get mine.

5 comments:

  1. Fab technique, I saw this but like you only use Promarkers. Does it have this particular blending solution as I have Kars solution which I use for Prismas? Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, great idea using the alcohol blender but the link to the tutorial doesn't work. Can you give more details please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just fab Tammy. Thanks for sharing!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammy thanks for sharing,looks amazing just like a knitted jumper.
    Can't wait to see the card/image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tammy thanks so much for that , Im gonna have to buy some of this now its a gorgeous effect and I bet it would look beautiful in lace too, have agood dayme darlin and I hope your ok today love and hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx