CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

On the Mend.....

Good Morning folks. 
Thought I would let you all know how I've been since my surgery.
Swelling is going down now and I'm more mobile. Though get tired quickly. I guess I'm trying to do too much too soon. 
 The day of the surgery started off badly. We arrived at the ward for 7.30, to hear staff complaining about Mr Vakis ( surgeon ) taking a Saturday surgery. We weren't allowed to use the ward toilets as we were not classed as a patient until we were in a bed. The anaesthetist called me at 9 a.m. to complete paper work and to tell me there's no beds, but not to panic. 
Yeah right....I was fuming. Been up since 2 a.m. not eaten since the day before..thirsty and so needed a cuppa and fag to calm my nerves.
I was still sitting on a plastic chair, Eric snoring at 11.45 when the surgeon asked me to come out in the corridor as he wanted a word. You can imagine how I was feeling..."Gowd he's sending me home". He was so nice....fit as well.. ( a Greek hunk of a man ) lol. He told me he'd found me a posh bed - on the private ward and a nurse would come down and fetch me shortly. 
On arriving in my beautiful room...Eric ( Hubby ) left. Could have walked with me to the theatre. Instead I learnt he was missing the football! 
Operation went well...I did have breathing complications so had to have oxygen for an hour or so after and the drip too. Scary. I was in my room by 3 p.m. the girls were first to arrive. 
Bless our Megan cried so much.
I was home at 9.30p.m.....could of stopped in over night but Megan was beside herself and my bed is so much better. Meg said that there was no way she'd have gone to America if I'd had it on the 30th.
So....Chloe took two days off work, school gave Megan 3 days off school. My girls have been wonderful, really looked after their Mum - so very proud of them both. Tasha, my eldest as been doing the shopping for me.  Eric ( Hubby ) took no days off at all.
 I have to say - all the running about I do for family and friends, I was shocked that I have heard nothing from them. Not a text, call or email. So of course when your alone and feeling inadequate, your mind works over time.
So I'd like to thank - June  and Kerry ( Internet friend from way back ) who have sent me kind messages. My closest friend Simone - who as put up with my moaning for a few days. Debbie, from Teddy Bo's design team for her lovely card - no matter how your feeling she always thinks of you with a card. Thank you Sweetie. Finally my followers, who also sent me some wonderful messages.
Thank you so very much.
xxxxxx

So that's it....I've decided that, there is no way I'm running around after anyone again. They will be treated the same way as they've treated me from now on. The same goes with Eric...my Hubby....whom I gave my all for 6 months when he had the heart attack. Not one single day as he taken time out......except for a day off to fetch his new van! MEN!!!! 
You certainly live and learn.

I don't have one of my cards to share with you - as I really haven't felt like making one. Strangely - not even missed making one - sorry folks - but I will get back in to it - soon - promise. 
I have actually learnt myself to crochet - made a few granny squares for a baby blanket. 
Will show soon.
Though my Daughter Megan made a card for me, for Mothering Sunday.

Hasn't she made a smashing job? 
Everyone was moaning at her - for being in my craft room and using my bitz and bobz.
" Mum's gonna kill you, make sure you put everything back " they kept shouting.
How could I have moaned at her? This card is wonderful and will be treasured forever.
This is the first time I have seen her creative side too. Though she has said she won't be making another in a hurry. This one took her 3 hours ( Bless ) and said it's the hardest thing she's ever done.
Certainly cheered me up.
So my sweet friends - I've sat here for what seems ages - I'm going to have a soak in the bath. Hopefully catch you all soon. Again thank you for thinking of me.
Hugs & Loves
Tammy
xxx



6 comments:

  1. =( i think i will give your hubby a kick in the famous behind!!!! if just my foot could reach him!! %&¤%#¤%&¤/((/&(=)/....(thats me saying uggly words) Soooo glad to here that your doughters are taking care of you dough hunbun!! Glad that you have done the OP and that your greek hunk of docktor took care of you(AND gave you something to look at...hi hi)
    Rest your self sweetie and just have the best time that you can have....we all love your cards but i DO think i would love more for you to feel just FAB!! So i can sooo wait for your lovely and gorgeous cards...=)

    many many big hugs for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Tammy you certainly have had a bad time of it, men can be so thoughtless at time grrrr.... Thank goodness for your girls . I hope you are on the mend and will be feeling much better soon, don't go rushing things.
    Hugs Sonia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoooohhhhhh finally Tammy sweetie is back!!!!
    I have been missing you and I am so glad to have you here again. So glad everything went ok and so glad your wonderful girls looked after you in this time. The Eric stuff... what can I say, he really dont decerve you my lovely friend!
    So NOT fair! :(
    Get some rest sweetie and take care.
    Still thinking of you :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello me darin im so pleased your feeling a little better, bless you are you pain free now the?? I hope so. I would have texted you more but didnt want to bother you hun as ive been there and have the t shirt as you kn ow, but imt hinking of you all the tim eand hoping this op has been a success, and you can eat your bacon butties again lol, take it easy sweetheart love and a million hugies from me xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chin up sweetie - we'll be reminding you about not running about after everyone - no surprises about the hubby hun
    Hugs
    Debbie
    PS I'm so jealous of you learning to crochet - it's on my list of things to do this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tammy what a terrible time you`ve had.I do wish you a speedy recovery.
    How inconsiderate and selfish some people are,i bet when they are ill again or in need of help they`re be the first to moan that you havent helped.You stick to your guns,if they show you no help why should you bother!
    I tried to get on your blog at the beginning of the week to let you no that i`ve nominated you for the Liebster award.This is suppose to be for bloggers with under 200 followers + at the time you did,but since then you`ve gone over so hope it still counts!Details are on my blog.
    Take care,speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx