CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 19 February 2012

Saturated Canary Challenge - Anything but Square or Rectangle

Good Morning everyone - who's woke up to snow? 
The sun is gleaming my end of the country but a little cold. My tooth ache as almost gone, so feeling much better now the antibiotics have kicked in.
Over at Saturated Canary the challenge is to make a creations that's not a square or rectangle. As I was getting sick of the same shape I thought I would go for an half circle.
I have used " Ellie's Birthday " digital stamp for this card - printed her on to bristol board and coloured with Pro-markers and use poly pencils for shadowing.
I placed this card on another site - had some nice comments - though one said " its over egged ".
Never heard of this saying myself but my daughter said that it means it's  " over the top ".
So I was actually offended. Not the first time I have had comments like this. Some have been rather nasty, even here on my blog - so I choose not to publish them. I would never dream of telling some one their card is awful......every bodies tastes are different and we all put a lot of work in our cards.
So please, rather than leave a nasty comment - just don't leave one at all!
Sorry - I'm ranting but it really does get my back up.
I adore pink/peach and browns together....so elegant looking. Flowers / gems and binding ribbon as always are Wild Orchid Crafts.
I have such a lot to do today - catching up on washing, Hubby's paperwork and a roast to cook....oh, and playing taxi for the girls. God help them when I have had my op and I can't drive for a few weeks.
I'm so going to make the most of it - lap it up !! Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks....happy crafting.
Hugs & Loves
xxxx

16 comments:

  1. WOW, I absolutely love love love your card, adorable image and so beautifully embellished

    I too know how you feel about nasty comments, I had to close my old blog of 3 years and start again with a new one because of them,so please don't let it upset you too much your cards are gorgeous:)

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super super CUTE!! Love all the light colours you use hun! Stunning! =)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sweetie!
    Love the image and your colours are wonderful like every time :)
    So glad your tooth is better!
    I have my second dentist apointment this thursday and can't wait to get it done...
    Have a nice day Tammy :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - love the soft, subtle colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful me darin your colourig is brilliant I love this one especially xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning Tammy....

    have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy this is just stunning hun, absolutely stunning. I love the scalopped rocker base and ellie looks awesome
    Thank you so much for popping in to share her with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started following your blog and I am so glad I found it. The only bad comment I could make is that I am jealous. You put together such beautiful things. I love Saturated Canary and Teddy Bo and it's because of artists like you. I wish I had half the talent to colour or paint. I will keep trying and you will be one of my inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image and the lovely colours and such pretty flowers make a beautiful keepsake. I am so sorry such awful people have left those comments. Please don't think any more about them, goodness, there are some sad people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow......GORGEOUS is all I can say...How could anyone say anything bad about your work! I love seeing your beautiful creations....Keep em coming!!

    xo from another Tamie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not able to see the comment so it's hard to say but It may have been a pun on the word egg?? If you know what I mean? I can't imagine how anyone would NOT love one of your beautiful projects! They are completely wonderful and dainty and sweet. Maybe she meant the shaped was over the edge adorable and egg shaped as in great idea for Easter time? I don't know though! Maybe I'm just trying to send some comfort your way dear friend *smiles* Anyway, ignore anyone that is negative because your work is just adorable! Every single one of them but I have to say, I'm completely jealous of your way of coloring the Saturated Canary images! Your's are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gorgeous Tammy..beautiful colours!
    Pay no attention to the nasty comments just hit delete!! Your cards are beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy this is gorgeous as ever. Your work is so inspirational and gives us something to try and aspire to. I can't believe that anyone would leave unkind comments about your work. -maybe just 'sour grapes!' xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty I love the softness of the colours & your colouring on this gorgeous image is fabulous. Really beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been browsing your card pics. Ooooh, you color so beautifully and have a wonderful eye for color and texture. I love the fancy cards and have become a follower of your blog. Looking forward to seeing your creations! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's soooo beautiful - fantastic colored - and finished !
    Greetings from Austria
    Helga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx