CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 20 November 2011

Magic Card & Christmas Stocking


Not the best of pictures I'm afraid. I purchased a " Day-Light " bulb yesterday, hoping that taking photographs of my cards etc, it would make a HUGE difference. At £8.99 - a bulb - its totally poo!
Its more like a 20 watt bulb. I did have a day light lamp, that I used for my cross stitch which was amazing but sadly I lent a friend and never got it back. Typical isn't it?


Anyway - on to my card, not sure why its called a magic card though.  Seen these around blog land so thought I'd give it a go. Totally loving it, so different from a standard square card and a little elegant too.
I got the tutorial for this card from here - though I have change the size, 
so that its 6 inches by 6 inches.
I have used a mixture of DCWV - LINEN CLOSET and FIRST EDITION - ISABELLE.
Both are my favorite papers and colour combinations.
SO LUSH!


I have coloured MAGNOLIA SWEET CHRISTMAS - SOMETHING FOR YOU - TILDA
with pro-markers and used Poly Pencils for her cheeks and adding high-lights above where her nose should be. Then to her hat and jacket I added some SNOW WRITER - great dimensional effect - then sprinkled some GLAMOUR DUST over the top and set to one side to dry - does take a few hours. Though I have found placing it in the air-ing cupboard does speed the process a lot quicker.
MARTHA STEWART punch been used at the edge of the card. Glittered snow flakes are from my stash and were originally table decorations. 
Small snow flakes are buttons - got these from HOBBY CRAFT. 
Sentiment is from stash too - got these last year at the NEC. Used a little cheese cloth too and swirl die to finish off. Strange me not having flowers but the card didn't really need any.
Lots of clear and green gems added to the right of Tilda where I also added some shadowing.
Now on to the stocking - which I've made to match the card.


You can find the template for this from here.
I used a white gel pen to give the effect of stitching - looks fantastic.
Silver Christmas ribbon is ANITA'S - DOCRAFTS.
 A great idea for gift cards as they are so plain when purchased from stores.
Gift tag is from CRAFT WORK CARDS.
Well, that's it from me - I'm off for a cuppa, then best clear my table else no one will be eating there for lunch tomorrow - GOSH - it is tomorrow already. What am I like?
Sleep tight everyone - catch you soon.
Hugs & Loves
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Tammy, is there any end of you abilities, even when you feel not the greatest your work is astonishing! Love your Maggies almost as much as your Saturated Canary and TB's. Really pretty! What is the glossy puffiness material called on the hat and dress? My Liquid Applique doesn't look glossy. really like this!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser pal this is amazing!!! your lovely muted colours again, and I would love to make a magic card, yousure have been busy and they are both beautiful. hope your pain free today sweetie,gentle huggies from me xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Tammy .....that is just sooooo cute!! Lovely colours and just adorable!! You are just one talented sweetheart! =)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are fantastic tammy.really beautiful colours and details and the tilda is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy these are just perfect, theres nothing I can add coz I just love them. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial, you're a star,
    Hugs
    H xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx