CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 23 September 2011

My first attempt at " SHABBY CHIC "


 Good morning everyone - not the best of mornings is it? Winter is definitely on his way.

I have been having a play - thanks to Kathy on Teddy Bo's Design Team. She makes such lovely 
" Shabby Chic " cards, that I too just had to have a go. I have seen some wonderful cards done with this effect in blogland.
So here is my take with the " shabby chic " look.


Firstly I sorted everything out I needed for my card and laid out on news paper.
Gave them a blast with spray primer paint. ( from any hardware store )
I have to say, I only gave one coat but next time I will try more, as the look is fab.
I also sprayed my door hanger too.


I chose TEDDYBEA_003, coloured with poly pencils, blended with sansodor.
Added glitter to her wings and wand, gems to her boots.
Papers used are from my stash, so honestly cant tell you the make etc.
Flowers and gems from Wild Orchid Crafts
The key charm I bought from Primark. My £1 bargain as there were 6 keys on the chain.
Tammy never misses a bargain - I always look to see what can be placed on a card or gift.

 

Finally I made a " Corner Bookmark " to complete the set. Tutorial for that coming soon.
I have not yet finished the inside of the card - the bookmark will sit inside on the top right corner.
Made for a special friends birthday.

I have such a lot to do today - my Daughter's 16 on Tuesday but will be having friends round tomorrow. So I have a lot of food shopping and cooking to do. The Joys! 
Then will start all over again on Tuesday where she will be celebrating with Family.
Entering this card in -
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Try a New Technique
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Anything Goes 
So - happy crafting folks.
Catch you all soon.
Hugs & Loves
Tammy
xx

12 comments:

  1. Oh Tammy hun this is stunning i cannot beleieve that this is yor first attempt it looks stunning so soft and serene, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, well done. Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, stunning, stunning work.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy the whole set is stunning and i`m sure who ever gets them will love them.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow and your daughter has a great time.Have a great weekend.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG"""""
    Tammy such amazingly stunning creations!
    Absolutely love your work!
    Have a brilliant weekend!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tammy, I love your Set!
    Sooo beautiful!
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous first attempt Tammy....you have done a fantastic job hun...and I cannot believe this is your first time....beautiful...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is stunning just love that image and super detail on this,too bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful darlin ive never tried shabby chic ut I love the effects you got. Im a bargain hunter too, loving the little key bargain. Love and huggies June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. first attempt???? no??? so perfect!
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Set!
    I love it!
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project thank you so much for joining us at Anything goes this challenge
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx