CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Wedding Invites


Good Evening crafter's......hasn't it just been the perfect day today. The sun shining just like a summer's day. Totally Gorgeous! Went in to town to find everyone was out in their summer clothes and linen trousers....and...here was me wearing a jumper. Didn't realize it was so warm until I had been tracking around back and forth in a hurry as always.
Anyway...made a start on my Nieces wedding invites. Talk about stress......stress you say.....I had ran out of navy blue card stock this morning. When I got to town....my craft shop had closed down...totally empty...nothing there or no-one. How rude! I hadn't got a clue. That's my craft suppliers all gone.  Two shops closed down in the matter of months. What am I to do? My Hubby is over joyed to say the least. Screaming and shouting like he's at a football match. Does he not realise how stressful this is for me? 
So now it will be traveling to the Hobby Craft which is a good 3 quarters of an hour away.....and....Tammy only drives locally. Yes, I am sad....but know that I am not the only one that does this. 
I guess I can say to my eldest " Fancy going to George...and take a look at some summer clothes for Holly". There is a plan, you see - Asda/George is right next to Hobby Craft........hehehehe and she doesn't mind driving and will love a day out....though she will not be happy about walking around a craft shop for a couple of hours. Couple of hours you say - well, I don't want to miss a bargain......and there is lots of paints and things she can buy for Holly.


So onto the invites......as you can see they are wallet style invites. Time consuming to say the least. Inside on the top flap is actually the invite its self......in the pocket there is a poem. Then the RSVP's will fit snuggly in there - not yet designed them. On hold now until I get more card stock. But have done all the address labels etc to place on the envelopes.

Here is the poem I have used  -  so sweet.


Because at first we lived in sin
We've got the sheets and a rubbish bin
A gift from you, would be swell
But we'd prefer a donation to our Wishing Well
More than just kisses so far we've shared,
Our home has been made with Love and Care,
Most things we need we've already got,
And in our home we can't fit a lot!
A wishing well we thought would be great,
(But only if you wish to participate),
A gift of money is placed in the well,
Then make a wish .... but shhh don't tell!
Once we've replaced the old with the new,
We can look back and say it was thanks to you!
And in return for your kindness, we're sure
That one day soon you will get what you wished for.


I have added gems to the snowflakes on the inside and it really does it give a winter feel. I do have until June to get them completed finished. These are the Afternoon invites of them taking the vows etc. I do have evening invites to do too yet. OMG!! Have I taken on too much - I ask? Will let you know in a couple of weeks. I have a friend visiting tomorrow whom I havent seen for a long time. She too is getting married in the winter.....and I think she is going to ask me to do her invites too. Gosh, what do I say? I am one of those people that doesnt like to say no! I don't like to disappoint anyone.....but then end up stressed!


These are all the embellishments that will be going on the front of the invites. They too arent attached just yet...having a break from them for a few days. All the wallets, paper I have printed the verse and invites on are all ice white pearl card and paper. They look and feel great in your hand. The snowflakes in the middle of the large blue snowflakes were picked by the future bride herself. I wasnt keen at first but now they are all together, they do look lush.
Right I have invoices to do....the kitchen needs cleaning and my craft room looks the pits. So I am off for now and will catch you all later.
Loads of love
Tammy
xx


2 comments:

  1. Wow - absolutely stunning but not sure I could manage a huge bulk make - I have the attention span of a gnat lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have the patience a saint Tammy. I did this once for a friend and never, ever want to see an invite again!!! lol Gorgeous work though girl !!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx