CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, 5 February 2011

Tilda wants a hug.......

 I had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep.....you know the one's.....where your mind works overtime etc. Then started thinking of cards....as you do. So got myself up....had a lovely cuppa and started rooting through my Tilda stamps. I just couldn't believe that this one was still in her wrapper....un-used. How rude of me....she had fallen behind all my other Tilda's, hiding away. I bet I am not the only that forgets what stamps they have or used. So of course I just had to have a play with her.
 Now I can't take all the credit for the technique used in this card. It's not my idea at all. I remember some time early last year I spotted this technique on someone elses blog. This was before I started blogging myself...and for the life of me I can not remember who the crafter was.....but am certain it wasn't an English blogger. So please if anyone knows of this person, do let me know......I think at the time she was a Magnolia Design Team Member.....and her cards definitely had the WOW factor.
 On to the technique - you stamp two images. Colour one in greys and the other in a colour that suites your papers etc. I used Jack & Jill 12 x 12 paper, so also stamped Tilda on to the paper so that I could have a patterned dress. Then glued to my coloured stamped image. You use the grey image as your main image. Then with the coloured image, you run it through your die-cutting machine, cutting circles out. I used my Nestabilities. Then attach the circles to the grey image....just like jig-saw pieces. So easy and so effective. Once I had got up this morning and saw the finished card - I must say I was well impressed.
 Attached some love charms to wire and laid across Tilda - making it look like she is holding a banner as such. I know this is a Christmas Tilda but feel if some ribbon etc is added to her hair, you could get away with using her all year round.
Sentiment is from LOTV - link on my side bar.
Flowers from WildOrchid Crafts - link is also on my side bar.
Jack & Jill Papers - Ode to Joy - bought from my local craft store - I need more, so lush!
 I havent entered a challenge for such a long time....thought this one was ideal for the following challenges ~ Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Love is in the Air. 
Wild Orchid Challenge - Love is....
Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Love
Off to get some house work done - I have my Grand-daughter this weekend, so best get the catching up done now, cus I will definitely not have the time once she's about....though sometimes wonder why I bother. She will go straight to her toy-box and tip it upside down.....Grandad will give her crsips and sweets...so they will be every where. The joys!
So have a great weekend bloggers. Catch you all soon.
Loads of Love
xx

12 comments:

  1. Nice to give credit, but who cares right now i saw it here first and you did a FAB job, i may case this idea myself, FANTASTIC!
    smiles
    Paola
    P.S: so glad you couldnt sleep we may ot have gotten this otherwise, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh what a beautiful design, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous design hun! I love it and great dp's too :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and a great technique, will have to give this a go!!

    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely 100% beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy, there is something on my blog for you!

    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and I love your technique ... I haven't seen that done before and will definately have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great technique and I certainly haven't seen it before. Love the grey, so effective.
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW!!!! I love this card! The charms are beautiful and Tilda looks adorable! Gorgeous coloring and details. I love it!!!
    Hugs,
    LIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooowwww - how adorable is your card! I love everything - especially your LOVE charms - too cute and too clever!
    Thanks for playin at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, this Tilda is so cute and I love your idea with the letters!

    Thanks so much for joining our Love Challenge at MDUC this week.

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! this is stunning! love her little love chain! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx