CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 22 October 2010

Mo Manning - My Grand-Daughter's Birthday Card

My second post in just one day - woohoo!!! I was making this card up late last night - well, actually it was 1am. I was having one of those nights where my mind was working over time - I have so much going on of late. So...card making helped to take my mind of life's problems. Though it was rather late and my eyes started feeling tired, I am so impressed with this card, I had to finish it right away. I have made this for my Grand-Daughter Holly who will be 2 on New Years Day. OK - cards done early but better than late or last minute. I have just got to put her name or age on the card.....but may do that on the inside...as I don't want it looking too busy.

I have used lots of fancy ribbon around the nestie die cuts. Image used is from the very talented Mo Manning - she is called Baby Fairy Flora. Link to Mo's site is on my side bar if you fancy taking a look. Again I have coloured her with just normal cheap colouring pencils and blended with paper stumps and sansodor. Perfect combination. Flowers are from WildOrchidCrafts - again the link is on my side bar. The large yellow flower is from Hobby Craft, which I will be buying more of later today. The curly strands of orange are just very thin strips of card, which I cut with my paper cutter. They do have to be thin for them to curl. Great effect, don't you think? The white leaves are from Magnolia, which can be purchased from Sirstampalot - again link in my side bar. Papers used are the wonderful Nana's Nursery Collection - DCWV. I adore these and the colours were just perfect for the coloured image.

I have to shoot now - else nothing will get done, plus I don't want to get stuck in traffic going to the Hobby Craft - best get a bank loan lol
Again - have a great day - remember it's Friday so relax and enjoy your weekend.
Happy crafting folks.
Hugs Tammy
xxxx


I think this card may come under Autumn colours for Mo Manning's Challenge Blog. Isn't oranges, yellow's and greens Autumn? Well, we will soon see won't we? lol

11 comments:

  1. Wow! So adorable Tammy. Love that cute image and the blooms look fabulous. That's a great tip for those curly strands.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh ,,, WOW !! this is absolutely fabulous !! stunning card Tammy ,,a work of art !! Love the curly strands too ,, brilliant tip :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very sweet! I love the colors and that pretty lace peeking out. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brilliant cards you have here, I just tried to follow your blog but it won't let me for some reason, I'll try again in a minute. I really love your blog and the cards are amazing! I'm pleased you got your doilies. Love Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wo!
    Tammy this is so adorable!
    Beautifully coloured and I love your gorgeous detail!
    The stamp club is great if you love all things Magnolia. It depends on how they are going to price each month but it is between £30 and £40 roughly.
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't be impressed with this card it is adorable love those colours and the image is sooo sweet. Off to check the rest of your creations. I have a blog candy at the moment and I am sure you would love to win it.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delightful!! beautifully colored and put together, love all the little details. Thanks for playing on Mo's hope to see you again next week
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oh My! Your work is truly stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww she will love this..This is perfect for the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week. Hope you play again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, Tammy.. and just perfect for the color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx