CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 12 September 2010

Sneaky Tilda

I hope that everyone as had a brilliant weekend. Mine as been busy as always. You know the usual washing, ironing, cleaning, shopping and more importantly card making! I took Carol's advise ~ making a few cards as certainly took my mind off a lot of things. I can't let thing's get me down can I? Just wish there wasn't so many obstacles in life....seems continuous these past few months, with one thing and another. Oh well, never mind hey?
This stamp is new. She's called "Sneaky Tilda". Got to say, I have many favourites but she is now number 1.
I have decided to enter this card in to a few challenges.
Firstly ~ Magnolia Down Under Challenge #63 ~ Sketch Challenge.
I really did enjoy doing this sketch. This card is for a very dear friend of mine who's birthday is at the end of the month and loves receiving an hand made card from me, so much so that it stays on display for weeks before she puts it away. I wish everyone was like that! Another story for another time. Papers used were G.C.D. Studios - Ella Blue - so adorable. The next Challenge I will be entering the card in is - Totally Tilda Challenge #5
This is called "Make your own Flowers". I had a ball making them. Found a tutorial the other day, which I have placed on my blog. Sometimes it hard to match some flower's with paper's, so making these was a must have for me. Great to have them matching so perfectly. I sprayed fabric fresh on mine, then a little glimmer mist. The flowers smell lovely and fresh....so when my friend opens the box.....the scent of them will hopefully jump out too.
Now for the third challenge - Totally Paper Crafts Challenge #33
which is "Let's go Dotty" hence the spotty backing papers.
The fourth Challenge is Charisma Cardz Challenge #36 - "Try Something New".
I have never done a Sketch before or even made my own flowers, so hopefully this will count.
I must admit, taking part in the Challenges as built my cards back up. I don't have to panic any more, when someone wants a card at short notice. All I have to do it make a box to match.
Used all duck egg blues and brown's for colouring Tilda. There is something that I have noticed with this Tilda ~ she as a wonky eye. Doesn't matter how many times I stamped her, her right eye isn't a circle. Checked the stamp, as nothing on it, seems clear - so must be a slight fault. She's still my number 1 though - we aren't all perfect are we?

Close-up of made flowers.


I always finish the back of my cards - hate to see them plain.
Anyway Peeps - I had better load this up - enter my card in the Challenges, then get myself up the wooden hill. Thank you so much for stopping by, leave me a comment and do pop over again.
Loads of Luv
Tammy
xxx




11 comments:

  1. Tammy: What a sweet card! That image is just darling! Fabulous coloring and all the cute little details are just delicious!
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Tammy! I have never seen this Tilda before. Can I ask what collection she is from? I thought I'd seen them all! I love the papers too. Gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card you have made. =) Love the colours you have jused!

    Hugs Maritha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! This Tilda is soo cute, can't wait to grab her :)

    Thanks for joining us at MDUC!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeousTammy! Love your colouring of this beautiful Tilda. I have never seen before - oh my is this a sneak peek? Your flower is stunning as well and I'm off to watch your tutorial. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable!! Beautiful flowers too :o) thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet Tammy and your flower is fab (love that eye candy in the sidebar too !! lol yummy darling x) Thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda Challenge
    Hugs Susie & the TT Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer cute Tilda gorgeous colour combo lovely vintage type feel to it stunning flower...thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.


    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammy,
    What a stunning card hun, I love your handmade flower - just beautiful. Thanks for joining in our Make Your Own Flowers challenge at Totally Tilda.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable and your flower is divine!

    Thanks for playing along with Totally Tilda!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....do leave a comment and come back soon. Tammy xx